The lineup: Jose Tabata LF, Josh Harrison 3B, Andrew McCutchen CF, Neil Walker 2B, Matt Diaz RF, Garrett Jones 1B, Brandon Wood SS, Mike McKenry C, Kevin Correia P.
Ronny Cedeno gets a day off. That means Brandon Wood goes to short and Jones is in the lineup, even against a lefty. The only mild surprise is that McKenry is catching today; usually the get-away games go to the reserve backstop. Guess that's about all you need to know about Dusty Brown.
- Now that the 1971 honors are out of the way, maybe Root Sports can get back to showing the ball game instead of an endless round of old-timer interviews that shuffled the action to a little box on the corner of the screen. Heck, there were times the announcers completely missed (or ignored) what was happening on the field because of the interviews. Save them for the post-game.
- Garrett Jones has reached base safely in eight straight games and in 10 of his last 11 matches.
- RHP Michael Crotta has moved on to Indy to continue his rehab assignment after throwing one clean inning for Altoona.
- The Pirates signed RHP Joe Parsons as an undrafted free agent from Virginia Tech. He went 7-3 with a 3.12 ERA in 15 games (13 starts) as a senior.
- The Josh Gibson Foundation
will host a Centennial Negro League Gala on August 13th at the
Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh. The event will honor the 100th anniversary of Gibson's birth in 1911. The chief awardee will be Reggie Jackson. Al Oliver, Mudcat Grant and Dave Cash will also be honored.