The lineup: Jose Tabata LF, Josh Harrison 3B, Andrew McCutchen CF, Neil Walker 2B, Lyle Overbay 1B, Garrett Jones RF, Brandon Wood SS, Wyatt Toregas C, James McDonald P. Geez.
- Tonight's game may approach a sellout; only single tickets remain.
- Fangraphs held a "Franchise Players" mock draft, where they had their writers pick a baller to build a team around. McCutch was Mike Axisa's pick at number 15. Axisa wrote "...a true five-tool guy still shy of his 25th birthday. McCutchen does it all, with increasingly gaudy walk (12.5%) and power (.207 ISO) numbers that compliment his speed and standout defense at a premium position... his durability is a plus. He’s poised to go on a run of multiple 6+ wins seasons"
- For the curious: here's how the three young guns at Indy are faring: LHP Justin Wilson is 7-3, 3.49 ERA; RHP Brad Lincoln is 5-5/4.34, and LHP Rudy Owens 6-4/4.70. Wilson needs to cut down his walks and pump up his punchouts; Lincoln is coming on strong after a dismal start, and Owens still shows sharp control with 6 BBs but has just 34 Ks in 67 IP.
- Cory Giger of the Altoona Mirror tweets that the Curve's Michael Dubee has been promoted to Indy. The RH reliever was 2-2 with a 2.55 ERA.
- The Mets' Dillon Gee‘s win against the Bucs last night made him the first rookie to start a season 7-0 since Jered Weaver won nine in a row for the Angels in 2006.
- Freddy Sanchez dislocated his right (throwing) shoulder last night, reports Carl Stewart of the Mercury News. There's no estimate of the seriousness of the injury yet, though the Giants did already put him on the DL. He'll get a MRI today to check for ligament damage. Steady Freddy just can't seem to stay in one piece.