The Sunday lineup is Jose Tabata LF, Matt Diaz RF, Andrew McCutchen CF, Neil Walker 2B, Lyle Overbay 1B, Brandon Wood 3B, Ronny Cedeno SS, Dusty Brown C, Kevin Correia P.
Josh Harrison is out; he has tightness in his oblique. With a lefty on the hill, Diaz becomes the unlikely two hitter.
- Karen Price of the Tribune Review reports that Evan Meek has a small tear in his labrum, but doesn't think it's major enough to require the knife.
- Bob Kohn of the Tribune Review has a nice piece on Pirate pitching, past, present, and in the future.
- The Bucs will be announcing their first wave of college draft signees shortly, we're guessing; The short-season Class A State College Spikes begin play on June 19th and the GCL Pirates in the Rookie League on June 20th. RHP prospect Stetson Allie is expected to begin his pro career at SC. So far, he's been focusing on mechanical and conditioning work in extended spring training at Pirate City.
- The Post Gazette has Bill Brink and today, Paul Zeise, covering the Bucs after Dejan Kovacevic and Colin Dunlap took walks on the paper. It is June; you'd think they could find a full-time baseball writer somewhere. After all, there are only 31 positions available.
- Buster Ulney of ESPN reports that the contract wonks are considering making both leagues 15 teams each (Houston to the AL) and eliminating divisions; the top five in each league would qualify for playoffs. While he says it is being seriously discussed, the odds of it happening are less than 50-50.