The lineup: Alex Presley LF, Chase d'Arnaud SS, Neil Walker 2B, Andrew McCutchen CF, Matt Diaz RF, Lyle Overbay 1B, Brandon Wood 3B, Eric Fryer C, Kevin Correia P.
Fryer gets the call behind the plate on get-away day, and Wood stays at third.
- Rob Biertempfel of the Tribune Review twittered that Ronny Cedeno is beginning his rehab at Indy today and Dewey is expected to start on his road back next week.
- Buster Olney of ESPN tweets that the Bucs are kicking the tires on Josh Willingham. Oakland's 32 year old RH OF'er is hitting .247/12/46. We're not so sure he's an upgrade over Matt Diaz (.283/0/15) though he does offer more production and a little better on-base % (.322 to .311). The biggest red flag to us is that Willingham has a 28% strikeout rate, and that's a lot of empty at bats.
- Luke Adams of MLB Trade Rumors posts that the Pirates could be in play for Carlos Beltran of the Mets if NY picks up a sizable chunk of the $6M he's still owed for 2011.
- Cory Giger of the Altoona Mirror has a piece on the Curve's Top Ten prospects. They are familiar names to those who follow the Pirate farm system, some of whom are booming and others busting. Giger also has an excellent report on Neal Huntington and all the moves he's pulled since becoming the GM.
- Tim Williams of Pirates Prospects reports a couple of moves in the minors. Josh Rodriguez was called up to Indy from Altoona. Hot hitting SS Jordy Mercer was hit by a pitch yesterday, so it may be tied into that misfortune. And 19 year old LHP Orlando Castro was promoted from the GCL team to State College. The Honduran had put up an 0.72 ERA in the rookie league with 22 K's in 25 innings.