Lineup: Andrew McCutchen CF, Xavier Paul RF, Garrett Jones 1B, Neil Walker 2B, Ryan Ludwick LF, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Ronny Cedeno SS, Mike McKenry C, Paul Maholm P.
Normal lefty lineup against a righty. Looks like Derrek Lee's hand is still sore, too.
- Ross Ohlendorf has been reinstated from the 60 day DL and has been optioned to Indy. Tim Wood was DFA to make room on the 40-man roster. Wood was the Tribes closer and saves leader.
- Rob Beirtempfel of the Tribune Review confirmed with the Pirates that ticket prices will go up next season. The Bucs stuck their toes in the water this year when they raised prices for certain series, the first jump in a decade, and the fan interest in this season's club made the increase a foregone conclusion.
- Pittsburgh is 17-51 against Milwaukee since 2007, including an 0-5 mark this year. The Pirates have gone 3-33 in their last 36 games at Miller Field. Ouch. Dejan Kovacevic of the Tribune Review reports the grisly details during that span.
- The Bucs sweep by Chicago last week may have been a matter of right place, wrong time; the Cubs have won 9 of the past 11 games.
- Michael Sanserino of the Post Gazette has a profile of Pirate pitching coach Ray Searage.
- The beat gang reports that the Pirates have resigned RHP Mike Crotta. They had to waive him to make room on the 40-man roster; he cleared waivers and is still Bucco property.
- RHP Mike Colla of Altoona, who's having a pretty nice year, tweeted that rotation partner LHP Jeff Locke is getting the call to Indy, passed on through Tim Williams of Pirates Prospects.
- Tim also has a post on the unsigned Pirate draft picks as the clock winds down. He also reports that the Bucs have reached a deal with prep CF Candon Myles, a 12th round selection.
- Phil Garner is back in baseball. The A's hired him as a special adviser.
- Jason Cato of the Tribune Review wrote a piece on an unheralded effort to provide gravestones for Negro League players, many who shuffled off this mortal coil without the werewithal for a final marker.