The lineup: Alex Presley LF, Jose Tabata RF, Andrew McCutchen CF, Garrett Jones 1B, Neil Walker 2B, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Clint Barmes SS, Mike McKenry C, Kevin Correia P.
Following the game today the Pirates head to Arizona, where their nine-game West Coast road trip ends with a three-game set beginning tomorrow night. LHP Erik Bedard will open against LHP Joe Saunders.
- The Giants have won 10 of their last 13 games against the Pirates in San Francisco.
- It's been a given that this will probably be Joel Hanrahan's last year in a Bucco uniform, due to GMs generally overvaluing/overpaying for closers and his impending $7M price tag in 2013 if he can come close to last season's production. Tim Williams of Pirate Prospects adds his reasoning behind moving Hanny.
- Neil Walker is 13-for-23 (.565) with 31 RBI in his career with the bases loaded.
- Six of Pittsburgh's first eight games have been decided by one run. The Bucs are 2-4 in those matches.
- Today is "Jackie Robinson Day," celebrating his debut on April 15th, 1947 that broke baseball's color line. Every player and coach will be wearing uniform #42 today in honor of Robinson, whose number 42 was retired by Major League Baseball in 1997.