The Lineup: Alex Presley LF, Jose Tabata RF, Andrew McCutchen CF, Neil Walker 2B, Garrett Jones 1B, Rod Barajas C, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Clint Barmes SS, Charlie Morton P.
- The Pirates are last in runs scored at 26, and they've had to work for those. 15 of the 26 (58%) have come with two outs.
- Injured closer Joel Hanrahan will be a game-day decision to play tonight.
- Speaking of relievers, the Pittsburgh bullpen ERA of 2.18 ERA ranks second in the NL, trailing only the San Diego Padres with a 2.03 mark.
- Cutch is the main attraction among the eight Bucs on the recently released All Star ballot. Joining him on the slate are Alex Presley, Jose Tabata, Pedro Alvarez, Clint Barmes, Neil Walker, Garrett Jones and Rod Barajas.
- Lance Berkman has gone on the 15 day DL for the Redbirds with a calf injury. Skip Schumaker is expected to return to the active roster for tonight's game.
- Old Bucco farmhand Brad Eldred made Baseball America's "Prospect Hot Sheet" as a Blast From the Past. The 31-year old is tied for second place among active minor leaguers for home runs with 235.
- MLB and MLBPA have agreed to end future personal service deals and milestone bonus clauses, ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reports. They were considered contractual loopholes by MLB because their money didn't count against the payroll, and therefore, toward the luxury tax.