- The Bucs sent RHPs Brad Lincoln and Daniel McCutchen to Indy. Lincoln will join the rotation, where he has the most value, while McCutchen will try to work himself out of his recent funk as Indy's long man. For Lincoln, it was his last option and McCutchen has one remaining. Now the FO has to decide whether to keep an extra arm in the pen or stow an extra bat on the bench when crafting the roster until Charlie Morton returns in mid-April.
- The Pirates worked out a minor deal with Arizona, allowing the D-Backs to keep Rule 5 pick RHP Brett Lorin in exchange for RHP Robby Rowland. Rowland has a power arm but not much success at the A level, but he's 20 and doesn't take up a spot on the 40-man roster, so...
- Tim Williams of Pirates Prospects reports that Pittsburgh has released RH reliever Michael Dubee. Dubee, 26, put up some nice lines at Altoona, but had a rough go last year when he got a cup of coffee at Indy. With his age, he was caught in the Bucs' minor-league numbers crunch at pitcher. Before joining Pittsburgh, he tossed for the Philly and White Sox organizations.
- Steady Freddy Sanchez and Ryan Vogelsong of the Giants will both start the season on the 15-day DL.
- The Braves have an old Bucco look. Jack Wilson is their reserve infielder. And with Chipper Jones on the DL, Martin Prado moves to third base while Eric Hinske and Matt Diaz will platoon in left.
- The Indians sent Andy LaRoche to their minor league camp for assignment. He signed a minor league deal with them in December after a stint with Oakland.
Sunday, April 1, 2012
Almost showtime and the moves keep comin':