The lineup: Jose Tabata LF, Josh Harrison RF, Andrew McCutchen CF, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Neil Walker 2B, Garrett Jones 1B, Rod Barajas C, Clint Barmes SS, James McDonald P.
Looks like a case of meet your new right fielder, Josh Harrison.
- Rod Barajas enters tonight’s action with a seven-game hitting streak with two doubles, three homers and five RBI. So does Josh Harrison, who has three doubles, a homer and four RBI during his streak.
- With his next home run hit in Pittsburgh, Garrett Jones will tie Adam LaRoche for sixth place
on the all-time list for homers hit at PNC Park at 35.
- Adam Rubin of ESPN tweeted per the Elias Sports Bureau that before last night's rally, the Pirates had lost the last 160 games when they fell behind by 4+ runs, second-longest streak in MLB history. Thx to James Santelli of Neon Sports and Pittsburgh Sports Report, who also noted that the last Pirate four run comeback was also against the Mets at PNC in June of 2009.
- Today in Bucco history: At Wrigley Field in Chicago, Bucco Hall-of-Fame slugger Willie Stargell
hits three home runs and just missed a fourth in a 13-6 victory over the Cubs. ‘Pops’ also smacked a single and a double that bounced off the railing of the left field fence and back onto the playing field.
- Kent Tekulve and Mike LaValliere will be the Pirate reps/mouthpieces at this years' draft.
- In case you were wondering where Jason Bay was last night, he's on the DL with a broken rib and rehabbing in Florida.