The Lineup: Jose Tabata LF, Josh Harrison SS, Andrew McCutchen CF, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Neil Walker 2B, Garrett Jones RF, Matt Hague 1B, Mike McKenry C, Erik Bedard P.
Harrison is at short today; Jones goes to right to add a lefty bat against Garza.
- Cutch has reached base safely in 33 straight games against the Cubs and in 39 of his 42 career games against Chicago.
- With his run-plating single last night, Pedro now has 19 RBI, equaling his 2011 total.
- Before last night's plunk of Matt Hague, the Pirates’ previous walk-off win via a hit batter came compliments of Tony Womack on April 15th, 1997 against the Padres.
- In a bit of an oddity, the Pirates first and last runs were book ends of hit batters. JT was bopped to eventually open the scoring in the third.
- For all their offensive woes, the Pirates are 22-24 and just 4 games behind the Cards in the division race, tied for third place.
- The Bucs have played 22 one-run games, the current MLB high. Their record in them is 13-9.
- John Grupp of the Tribune Review has a piece on the Bucs and strikeouts, and it isn't pretty.