The lineup: Jose Tabata RF, Josh Harrison 2B, Andrew McCutchen CF, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Neil Walker DH, Rod Barajas C, Casey McGehee 1B, Yamiaco Navarro LF, Clint Barmes SS.
Harrison's stock is going up as a middle utility guy; Clint Hurdle has him at second while giving The Kid a break as DH. JT spent yesterday on the bench after a series of faux pas Thursday night, but he's back in good graces today. We're a little surprised Gorkys Hernandez isn't in left; usually Hurdle trots his call-ups out pretty quickly to get their feet wet. Maybe he's getting the Pedro Ciriaco treatment.
- AJ Burnett has recorded 18 career wins in interleague play, ranking him among the top ten in victories.
- Today the Pirates and Tigers will pay tribute to the Negro Leagues by donning the uniforms of the Pittsburgh Crawfords and Detroit Stars.
- Jeff Karstens has been tentatively scheduled to make a two-inning rehab start on Monday at Altoona.
- Indy was shut out for the fourth straight time yesterday. My kingdom for a bat!
- Mike White of the Post Gazette notes that "Pine-Richland's Blake Lalli got called up by the Cubs yesterday." He's a lefty utility guy, and it's always sweet to see a local kid in the show.