The lineup: Jose Tabata LF, Neil Walker 2B, Andrew McCutchen CF, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Casey McGehee 1B, Yamiaco Navarro RF, Rod Barajas C, Josh Harrison SS, AJ Burnett P.
Navarro and Harrison get some more at-bats, replacing Alex Presley and Clint Barmes. We're wondering if Navarro is that bad a shortstop or if Harrison is that bad an outfielder to end up where they're playing today. Actually, Navarro has been a pleasant surprise in the pasture with his glove and Harrison has held his own at short...but we don't think Hurdle penciled them in as defensive subs. It'd be nice to see the bottom end of the lineup put up a fight at the dish.
- We'll see how the Bucco luck against lefties holds up today. Pittsburgh is 4-0 against southpaws at PNC Park so far in 2012. They also need a victory today to clinch their sixth straight home series win against the Astros.
- Chris Lereaux is throwing off flat ground and Jeff Karstens tossed a side in the bullpen; neither looks ready for duty in the near future.
- Matt Hague and Brian Friday both collected four knocks at Indy last night.
- The Curve's Robby Grossman went 2-for-3 with a homer and double to go with a pair of walks.
- Tim Alderson, the key piece of the Freddy Sanchez trade, is back in the rotation at Altoona. Cory Giger of the Altoona Mirror has the story on his rebound season.
- Gerrit Cole went six frames yesterday, giving up a run on three hits and a walk with 5 K. He's put up a line of 2-1/3.18 at Bradenton. Both he and Jameson Taillon are on track to get some work at AA Altoona before the summer's done.