The lineup: Jose Tabata LF, Josh Harrison RF, Andrew McCutchen CF, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Neil Walker 2B, Matt Hague 1B, Rod Barajas C, Clint Barmes SS, Kevin Correia P.
Get used to this order; we suspect Clint is gonna use less bench and more everyday people for awhile.
- Josh Harrison's ten game hitting streak is tied with the Rox Jordan Pacheco as the longest current string going on in the NL.
- Jason Grilli's mark of 19 appearances with a K is the second longest current steak in MLB. Cincy's Aroldis Chapman is on a 20 game roll. The previous leader, Cleveland’s Vinnie Pestano, had his streak ended at 21 games earlier in the week.
- The Pirates have played in a MLB-leading 21 one-run games (47%) this season. 27 of their first 45 games (60%) have been decided by two runs or less.
- This day in history: In 1959, Harvey Haddix pitched twelve perfect innings against the Milwaukee Braves at County Stadium, only to lose on an unearned run in the 13th. The Kitten's effort was the closest any Bucco hurler has come to tossing a complete perfect game.
- This morning, Sean Casey’s Clubhouse Foundation and Pirates Charities opened the Miracle League Field of the South Hills, located in Upper St. Clair's Boyce Park. Stuff like this is what defines "big league."
- You can add prep outfielder Albert Amora to the list of guys Pittsburgh is sniffing around for the draft, according to Baseball America's Jim Callis.
- Point Park won its opening round game in the NAIA World Series, reports Jason Mackey of the Tribune-Review.