The lineup: Alex Presley LF, Neil Walker 2B, Andrew McCutchen CF, Garrett Jones RF, Matt Hague 1B, Casey McGehee 3B, Rod Barajas C, Clint Barmes SS, Brad Lincoln P.
Clint must have liked what he saw last night; we don't see a repeating lineup very often. JT and Pedro start on the bench tonight.
- Home field disadvantage? The Pirates went 5-1 at Great American Ball Park last season. Actually, the Reds and Pirates have played 76 games there, and each side has won 38.
- Pedro is supposed to sit out one more game as part of his Clint Hurdle "clear the deck" program.
- RHP Chris Leroux will begin a rehab assignment with Class A Bradenton today. He's on the 60-day DL with a pec injury, and when he's ready to return (he has up to a month) the Pirates will need to clear a 40-man spot or DFA him. Jeff Karstens won't be far behind and is scheduled to make his fourth rehab start on Wednesday.
- John Perrotto did a piece for Baseball America on the Stetson Allie switch from pitcher to position player, saying it was a "mutual decision."
- JJ Cooper of BA starts on the same Stetson Allie trail, and finishes by examining how the over-slot draftees from 2008-10 are performing.
- This day in history: The Pirates set a club record in 1894 by scoring 27 runs. The Bucs routed the Boston Beaneaters, 27-11, that day in Pittsburgh at Exposition Park in the North Side. Boston actually led 2-0 in the second inning!