It's pretty simple - if the Bucs want to exorcise the ghosts of 2011 and knock down the cobwebs of the past two decades, this series is the place to start. And as usual, AJ is on the hill as their stopper.
The lineup: Jose Tabata LF, Travis Snider RF, Andrew McCutchen CF, Garrett Jones 1B, Neil Walker 2B, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Josh Harrison SS, Rod Barajas C, AJ Burnett P.
Harrison is being rewarded for his three hit night with another start.
- The media guys reported that Gaby Sanchez was taking grounders at third base. Maybe the FO is looking to give Pedro some off nights against lefties and want a bigger bat at the hot corner than Josh Harrison or Jordy Mercer provide.
- Karen Price of the Tribune Review talked to Neal Huntington regarding the makeup of the playoff roster. Kinda wish the GM was spending more time tinkering with the August lineup.
- Michael Sanserino of the Post Gazette has an update on C Tony Sanchez,who is fast developing all the necessary defensive and leadership skills behind the dish at Indy. It's when he's at the plate (.222) that things go downhill.
- Another zippo outing for Altoona's Jameson Taillon last night. He went six innings, giving up an infield hit and fanning seven on 69 pitches. He faced one batter over the minimum and punched out the last five hitters. His heater was mid-nineties with a sweet hook. The youngster was named the Eastern League Player of the Week today after back-to-back scoreless outings.
- The GCL Pirates won their semi playoff qualifier 1-0 over the Cardinals. Next they'll play a best-of-three final with the Red Sox for all the rookie league marbles.