The lineup: Starling Marte LF, Travis Snider RF, Andrew McCutchen CF, Garrett Jones 1B, Neil Walker 2B, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Rod Barajas C, Jordy Mercer SS, Kevin Correia P.
OK, we have a Jordy Mercer sighting; it will be his first start of the month. Kennedy is the only righty the Snakes will toss at Pittsburgh, so enjoy this lineup, although except for Gaby Sanchez, it isn't a heckuva lot different than one against a lefty.
- Kevin Correia enters tonight’s action with a career-high six-game winning streak, tied with St. Louis’ Kyle Lohse as the longest current streak in the NL.
- LHP Jeff Locke was called up from Indy, and OF Alex Presley was sent down. The bullpen needs an arm while KC does his spot start thing, and The King needs to play more regularly now that he's been bumped by Travis Snider. We'd expect it to be short term, as it leaves the bench down a guy. Presley has to spend 10 days with the Tribe before he's eligible for a non-injury call back.
- 1B Paul Goldschmidt, 24, isn't just killing the Bucs - he's15 for 31 with three doubles and three home runs during this D-Back road trip and has a season slash of 308/16/56.
- RHP Kyle McPherson made his Triple-A Indy debut, going six innings, giving one run on three hits with six K, tossing 75 pitches. Injured early in the season, McPherson is gently reminding the FO just why he was their Minor League Pitcher of the Year in 2011.
- Remember Robinzon Diaz, 28, who caught 41 games for the Bucs in 2009 while hitting .279? That was his last MLB appearance, and the Angels just released him although he was stroking .285 for the Salt Lake Bees.