Rodriguez has lost his last four decisions and six of his last seven. He hasn't won a game since July 7th. The game begins at 4:05 will be aired by Root Sports.
The lineup: Starling Marte LF, Josh Harrison 3B, Andrew McCutchen CF, Gaby Sanchez 1B, Neil Walker 2B, Mike McKenry C, Travis Snider RF, Jordy Mercer SS, Wandy Rodriguez P.
Pedro is quietly taking a seat again, as are Clint Barmes for a second straight game and Hot Rod. Garrett Jones is down, too, so between a lefty on the bump and get-away day, Clint Hurdle has put together a shake-and-bake lineup look.
This is the last of a four-gamer; the Bucs are up 2-1 in the series. The club is 2-1/2 games behind the Reds now, and will have seven games left to the homestand after today, with three against San Diego and four against the Dodgers.
- After last night, Neil Walker now has three 5-RBI games the 2011 campaign. Elias Sports Bureau says that no other 2B in MLB has matched that production stat over the past two years.
- Rob Biertempfel of the Tribune Review says to "look for Chad Qualls to fill in for Jason Grilli as the setup man for the next few weeks." Grilli's velocity has dropped recently, and the Bucs are going to monitor his workload.
- The Fort has a career-high, eight-game hitting streak on the line today.
- Travis Snider apparently likes his new digs. He's gone 6-for-10 during the homestand with an RBI and three runs scored.
- Pittsburgh has the best home record in MLB at 35-17 (.667).
- Juan Cruz will work another inning tonight at Altoona as part of his rehab.
- Three State College Spikes players were named to the 2012 New York-Penn League All-Star Game.They are OF Barrett Barnes, OF Tyler
Gaffney and SS D.J. Crumlich, all 2012 draft picks of the Bucs.