We wouldn't particularly hold our breath waiting on the game, although the steady downpour that started last night is supposed to taper off to after lunch, and we have seen some scattered sky.
The lineup: Starling Marte LF, Jose Tabata RF, Andrew McCutchen CF, Garrett Jones 1B, Neil Walker 2B, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Clint Barmes SS, Rod Barajas C, AJ Burnett P.
The Kid is back *whew*
Milwaukee has won 8-of-12 matches between the teams this season, including a three game sweep at Miller Park a couple of weeks ago. The Brewers won 12-of-15 games in the 2011 series. The Brew Crew is on a roll and has won 20 of their last 26 games.
- Ben Nicholson-Smith of MLB Trade Rumors has a piece on how expensive Jason Grilli will become after the season.
- Kristy Robinson of Pirates Prospects tweeted that "The rotation is not set past Milwaukee and Kevin Correia will remain in. Clint Hurdle: 'We’re not adjusting Kevin’s schedule. He’s in the rotation. We’ll keep moving with him.'"
- Paul Casella of MLB.com has a piece on deadline day pitchers that are rockin' steady after slow starts with their new teams - Zack Greinke, Anibal Sanchez, Ryan Dempster and of course, Wandy.
- Chris Resop is the Pirates Clemente Award nominee. Congrats to Chris; he contributes countless hours to kid's causes, and not for recognition.
- The Pirates will switch their short-season Single-A team to Jamestown, N.Y. next year, but their stay there might not be long, according to Rob Biertempfel of the Trib. Jamestown already has asked the New York-Penn League for permission to relocate and could move to Morgantown, W.Va., in 2014 if, as expected, a stadium is built there.