The lineup: Alex Presley LF, Josh Harrison 2B, Andrew McCutchen CF, Garrett Jones 1B, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Travis Snider RF, Clint Barmes SS, Rod Barajas C, Wandy Rodriguez P.
Travis Snider gets a start, and J-Hay takes his turn at second base.
- Today marks the 40th anniversary of Roberto Clemente’s 3,000th career hit collected at TRS. To celebrate the event, the Clemente family will be joined on the field by Roberto’s former teammate Steve Blass for a pregame ceremony and video.
- With 31 home runs and 20 stolen bases, Cutch is just the fourth player in team history to reach those totals in one season. Dave Parker (30 HR/20 SB) did it in 1978, Barry Bonds did it in three straight seasons (33 HR/52 SB in 1990, 35 HR/43 SB in 1991 and 34 HR/39 SB in 1992) and Jason Bay (32 HR/21 SB) was the last Bucco to do it, in 2005. McCutch and Ryan Braun are the only players in the Major Leagues this season with at least 30 home runs and 20 stolen bases.
- No one's safe. While being interviewed after the game, Cutch got cream-pied and a gatorade bath.
- As a team, the Bucs have K'ed 1,316 times this year to set a new club record, breaking last season's old mark of 1,308 whiffs.
- They're going to the wire in the junior circuit. With four days to go in the season, not a single team has clinched a playoff spot, with eight clubs still in the running for the post season.