The lineup: Starling Marte LF, Alex Presley RF, Andrew McCutchen CF, Garrett Jones 1B, MIke McKenry C, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Josh Harrison 2B, Clint Barmes SS, Kevin Correia P.
Interesting; first time we remember seeing Marte and Presley paired up, with J-Hay going at second.
- Yesterday's win was the first come-from-behind victory for the Bucs since they won the 19-inning game in St. Louis on August 1st.
- Pittsburgh is just two homers short of the team record of 171, set in 1999.
- The Pirates have put together their best overall single season home record at PNC Park (44-35). Their only other winning season at home came in 2006 (43-38).
- Last night was likely Chipper Jones' last regular season game. He wanted to see a lefty, which he did with Jeff Locke, and now has a chance for a three day break before the playoffs.
- Whom is hosting whom is still up in the air in the NL playoff race. Atlanta will host a wildcard game on Friday; with two days to go, the Cards magic number is one for the other wildcard over LA. The Giants will visit the number two division winner. Washington and Cincinnati are tied for the #1 seed, with a tie already decided in Washington's favor after a 5-2 head-to-head record.