- Cutch came in third for the NL MVP. Giant C Buster Posey ran away with the honor, taking 27 of 30 first place votes. Cutch came in behind Posey and Ryan Braun. Yadier Molina and Chase Huntley rounded out the Top Five. McCutcheon said "It was an honor just to be nominated for National League MVP this season along with some of MLB's best players." BTW, Miguel Cabrera took the AL award.
- David Ross inked a deal with Boston, Dioner Navarro signed with the Cubs and Gerald Laird with Atlanta. If the Bucs were looking to add a second-tier catcher, their dominoes are already starting to fall.
- The Arizona Fall League pitching: Kyle Kaminska went 3-1/1.61 in 28 IP with 21 K and a 0.93 WHIP; Brian Cumpton went 0-0/2.47 in 14 IP with 6 K; Tyler Waldron 0-0/3.47 in 14-1/3 IP with 11 K and a 0.98 WHIP; and Victor Black 1-1-1/11.81 in 10-2/3 IP with 10 K and 11 BB.
- The Arizona Fall League hitting: Adalberto Santos hit .299 with a .413 OBP, a homer, 11 RBI and 9 steals in 10 attempts; Gift Ngoepe hit .261 with a .370 OBP; and Matt Curry hit .253 with a .366 OBP, a homer and 6 RBI.
- Bob Nutting told the Trib's Dejan Kovacevich "We are not and we should not be a military organization. We should not run a boot-camp environment.” Now, a couple of weeks later, GM Neal Huntington replied on an XM radio interview that "Everything that we’ve tackled has been scientifically proven to be successful in other fields of work, whether it’s in amateur athletics, whether it’s in the military. We’re extremely proud of our military affiliation.” Wonder if he's saving face or tossing a gauntlet at his boss?
- Et tu, David Sampson? The Fish president defended his salary dump by telling Miami's 790 The Ticket Radio that "I would think they (the fans) wouldn’t want us to stand pat and keep losing. We
don’t want to be one of those teams that for 20 years doesn’t win 81
games or doesn’t make the playoffs." Geez, who could he be referring to?
Thursday, November 15, 2012
Bucco News - Cutch Third, AFL Final Stats, & More
A little news on the Buccos while we wait to see who they sniff out on the market...