Lineup: Alex Presley LF, Travis Snider RF, Andrew McCutchen CF, Clint Robinson 1B, Russell Martin DH, Jared Goedert 3B, Tony Sanchez C,
Martin is DH'ing today; he may catch tomorrow when the Bucs have a split schedule. EDIT: d'Arnaud injured his thumb in morning drills; no word on how seriously it's hurt.
Pitchers: AJ Burnett, Jared Hughes, Andy Oliver, Kyle Waldrop and Vin Mazzaro.
AJ has given up eight runs in his last two starts, while Oliver has had control issues. Hughes has been lights out, not having yielded a point in four outings.
- Garrett Jones has a slight oblique strain; the Bucs aren't going to use him until he's 100%, the only smart move given the nature of oblique injuries, which can linger for weeks if aggravated. Jones tweeted "Want to get back on the field ASAP but won't be in the lineup for a few more days."
- Brandon Inge may get his first shot at third tomorrow after nursing a shoulder that was operated on last season.
- Jeff Karstens threw live BP yesterday and will toss a bullpen session Monday; he's getting close to returning to action.
- Howard Bender of Fangraphs rated the catchers by tier for fantasy purposes; he has Russell Martin in a group below Ryan Doumit.
- Nicholas Zettel of the Sons of Uecker blog has a pretty comprehensive Bucco preview for 2013.
- This day in Bucco history: In 1912, Hall-of-Famer Arky Vaughan was born in Clifty, Arkansas. SS Vaughan compiled a .318 BA during a 14-year career with the Pittsburgh Pirates and Brooklyn Dodgers.