The game starts at 7:05 and will be aired by Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.It's also on WGN for out-of-area Bucco followers.
Pirate lineup: Starling Marte LF, Travis Snider RF, Andrew McCutchen CF, Garrett Jones 1B, Neil Walker 2b, Russell Martin C, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Jordy Mercer SS and Francisco Liriano P.
Jordy is playing short after going 2-for-2 yesterday while Pedro stays in the seven hole.
Cub lineup: Julio Borbon CF, Starlin Castro SS, Anthony Rizzo 1B, Alfonso Soriano LF, Scott Hairston RF,
Welington Castillo C, Cody Ransom 3B, Darwin Barney 2B and Jeff Samardzija P.
Must be their usual card against LHP.
- With all the good things you hear about Pittsburgh pitching; there's still one number that needs shored up: The Pirates are last in the NL in innings per start (5-1/3), and that will take its toll.
- The Bucs have won six of their last seven games and nine of their last 11. Fourteen of the team's 27 wins this season have been come-from-behind victories, tied with the Texas Rangers and Atlanta Braves for the Major League lead.
- Last night was the was the 10th blown save for the Cubs in 20 save opportunities; Pittsburgh has five misfires in 24 chances.
- Good philosophy: Clint Hurdle said. "More often than not, home runs are thrown - they're not hit."
- Pirate players will wear Penguin jerseys when they travel to Milwaukee this weekend and Detroit next week to show support for the club. They'll match uniform numbers when possible.