Pirate lineup: Starling Marte LF, Travis Snider RF, Andrew McCutchen CF, Garrett Jones 1B, Jordy Mercer 2B, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Michael McKenry C, Clint Barmes SS and Jeanmar Gomez P.
Russell Martin is still out; the Pirates should lobby for a 7-day DL. Mercer is batting fifth, his third different spot in the lineup since he's been called up, taking Martin's usual position between GI and Pedro.
Met lineup: Ruben Tejada SS, Daniel Murphy 2B, David Wright 3B, Ike Davis 1B, Luke Duda LF, John Buck C, Mike Baxter RF, Juan Lagares CF and Matt Harvey P.
Terry Collins is loading up on lefties against Gomez, adding Davis, Duda and Baxter to the lineup.
- In his last nine games, Jose Tabata is hitting .444 (12-for-27).
- We missed this piece earlier in the week when the CBS' Baseball Insider column by Danny Knobler compared Cutch and Starling Marte.
- It was a big day for Jason Grilli yesterday. He got to watch his dad Steve's number retired in a ceremony at Calhoun HS in Merrick, NY, and enjoyed an early Mother's Day morning with his mom. Steve spent four years as a reliever in MLB, mainly with the Tigers.
- Andy Oliver went five shutout innings for Indy in the Tribe's 8-5 victory yesterday. He allowed three hits, six walks and notched six K; free passes continue to be his stumbling block on the road back to MLB. Felix Pie had a homer and double while Matt Hague added three knocks.
- Neil Walker went 2-for-5 during Altoona's doubleheader split with two K and an error. Jameson Taillon takes the hill today for the Curve.
- There won't be any more Penguin-induced TV blackouts for the Bucs. After the first round of the playoffs, the local networks lost their game rights to NBC and its affiliates (Channel 11 in Pittsburgh).