The game is at 7:05 and be on Root Sports and The Fan 93.7.
Pirate lineup: Starling Marte LF, Jose Tabata RF, Andrew McCutchen CF, Gaby Sanchez 1B, Neil Walker 2B, Russell Martin C, Brandon Inge 3B, Jordy Mercer SS and Wandy Rodriguez P.
Yep, Jordy is back, and taking Clint Barme's spot tonight. Inge is manning the hot corner, oddly enough against a righty, and Garrett Jones is sitting, too. Must be another Clint Hurdle match-up brainstorm; heck, JT worked out pretty good last night. Or maybe Gallardo is a switch-pitcher.
Brewer lineup: Norichika Aoki RF, Jean Segura SS, Ryan Braun LF, Aramis Ramirez 3B, Jonathan Lucroy C, Carlos Gomez CF, Rickie Weeks 2B, Alex Gonzalez 1B and Yovani Gallardo P.
Lucroy is back behind the dish and Gonzalez replaces a rapidly cooling Yuniesky Betancourt.
- Old McDonald is on the 15-day DL with a strained back; Jordy Mercer is back - and in the lineup.
- Will Flemming tweets a Peter Gammon tidbit that up to ten teams are looking over Pirate relievers at Indy, in particular hard throwers Vic Black and Duke Welker.
- The Brewers are 2-10 in May.
- The Pirates, who were defined by 19-inning games in both 2011 and 2012, were the last team in the majors to play an extra-inning game this season.
- Stolmy Pimentel goes on the hill for Altoona tonight; it'll be interesting to see how he bounces back from his last so-so start, his first rocky outing of the year so far.
- The Dodgers signed Jonathan Sanchez to a minor league deal, according to several sources.