The game starts at 2:20 and will be aired by WGN, Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.
Pirate lineup: Starling Marte LF, Travis Snider RF, Andrew McCutchen CF, Garrett Jones 1B, Russell Martin C, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Neil Walker, 2B, Clint Barmes SS and Jeff Locke P.
It's not often you see the same lineup on consecutive days from Clint Hurdle. But it worked yesterday, so hey...
Cubs Lineup: Darwin Barney 2B, Cody Ransom 3B, Anthony Rizzo 1B, Alfonso Soriano LF, Scott Hairston RF, Dioner Navarro C, Starlin Castro SS, Ryan Sweeney CF and Edwin Jackson P.
The Cubbies mix it up a little on getaway day.
- Jeff Locke's personal five-game winning streak is the longest by a Pirates lefty since Zach Duke won six straight in 2005. The Bucs are in sync with him; they've won five in a row from Chicago.
- Pittsburgh’s bullpen leads all MLB teams in wins with 15, saves with 25 and opponents BA, at .211. They get plenty of chances. The pen has worked least three innings in 11 of the last 14 games.
- The Pirates have nine guys from the 40-man roster on the DL, including seven pitchers. On the 60-day are Phil Irwin, Jeff Karstens and Charlie Morton. On the 15-day are Jose Contreras, Jeanmar Gomez, Jared Hughes, J-Mac, John McDonald and Jose Tabata.
- Charlie Morton was cruising along with a shutout for six innings at Indy, but Norfolk got to him in the seventh. His line was 6-1/3 IP, giving up two runs on six hits and one walk with four K after 96 pitches. The good news is that he got ten ground outs.
- Andy Oliver goes for Indy and Jameson Taillon is on the bump for Altoona today.