The game starts at 1:10 and will be aired by Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.
Pirate lineup: Starling Marte CF, Jose Tabata LF, Neil Walker 2B, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Russell Martin C, Garrett Jones RF, Gaby Sanchez 1B, Clint Barmes SS and Gerrit Cole P.
Martin and JT are back in the lineup; Cutch and Mercer get a blow before the Card series.
Marlin lineup: Adeiny Hechavarria SS, Christian Yelich LF, Giancarlo Stanton RF, Logan Morrison 1B, Ed Lucas 3B, Donovan Solano 2B, Jake Marisnick CF, Jeff Mathis C and Jose Fernandez P.
- Gerrit Cole has allowed three runs or fewer in each of his eight career starts. The last Pirates pitcher to allow three runs or fewer in each of his first eight career starts was Whammy Douglas in 1957.
- The Fort collected a career high four hits last night. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, over the last four seasons the only other time a Pirates catcher with a four-hit game was when Ryan Doumit went 4-for-4 with a home run against the Cardinals at PNC Park on August 15th, 2011.
- Tony Sanchez is with the team, but we're unsure if The Fort (or Russ Martin, who is in the lineup) is hurt or if Tony is just a taxi squad call-up for bench insurance purposes. The Bucs have a 24 hour window to activate or return Sanchez.
- The Pirates have now gone 35 games without a sac fly. The longest streak since 1955 is 49 games.
- Wandy Rodriguez went back-to-back days playing long toss, with today off. The Bucs will evaluate him Monday and come up with a rehab plan, though unsure if and when he'll start working off a mound.