The match will be on ESPN, Root Sports, and 93.7 The Fan.
Pirate lineup: Starling Marte LF, Jose Tabata RF, Andrew McCutchen CF, Russell Martin C, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Gaby Sanchez 1B, Jordy Mercer 2B, Clint Barmes SS and Francisco Liriano P.
LHP lineup; Martin batting cleanup and Pedro fifth, which is a new twist.
Athletic lineup: Coco Crisp CF, Jed Lowrie SS, Josh Donaldson 3B, Yoenis Cespedes LF, Nate Freiman 1B, Chris Young RF, Derek Norris C, Grant Green 2B and Tommy Milone P.
- Pedro's hitting streak is now at seven games, while Cutch's batting streak ended at 10.
- El Toro is in a pretty exclusive club: the only Pirates to hit at least 23 HR before the All-Star break are Willie Stargell and Ralph Kiner.
- Yesterday's defeat was the third one-run loss in a row for the Pirates, which have lost a season-high tying four straight games (April 4-7th). The Bucs have dropped six of their last eight games after winning nine in a row.
- Pittsburgh is 11-5 in interleague play, and after tonight will only have one more regular season series against an AL foe when the club visits Texas in September.
- Dan Straily, who tossed last night's win, will be optioned back to AAA Sacramento. He's the Oakland version of Brandon Cumpton, a sixth starter who's called when needed.
- Joe Lucia of The Outside Corner selects his shoulda been All-Stars, and includes Russell Martin.
- John Torres of USA Today has a piece on Clint Hurdle and The Streak.
- Stepen Nesbitt of the Indianapolis Star has an article on the talents and closer's disposition of Tribe reliever Vic Black.