- The FO decided to allow Gerrit Cole some down time during the All-Star break rather than have him make a spot start at Indy to keep him on his routine. Probably a good choice; it saves a few innings of wear.
- James Krug of isportsnet posts that the Seattle Mariners seem like a logical trade partner for the Bucs, with Kendry Morales, Raul Ibanez and Mike Morse available.
- Russ Canzler, who has some MLB time, may be on audition at Indy as the RH bench stick for the big club. Clint Hurdle told Tom Singer of MLB.com "He's a guy who's had some success with the bat. He's comfortable at first base, but we'll try him in right field and third base, too. We'll see how versatile we can get him and see how the bat plays."
- J-Mac's shift to the 60-day DL was a paper move. He's been out since May 1st, so he's already logged more than 60 days and it won't affect his return date, whenever that may be.
- The Bucs inked 28 of their 41 draft selections, including each of their their top 20 picks. They spent $8,967,800, slightly over their allocated pool amount, but will just pony up a fine without losing any future draft picks.
Saturday, July 13, 2013
News and Notes:
A few pre-game news notes: