Bumgarner has been the Giants' most consistent hurler, but has had problems going deep in his last two starts. He's lasted just nine innings, giving up four earned runs (five overall) on 10 hits, five walks and seven K while tossing 163 pitches. But he had ten straight seven inning+ outings prior to that with three or fewer runs allowed, and that's probably a better indicator.
The game starts at 10:15 and will be aired on Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.
Pirate lineup: Jose Tabata LF, Jordy Mercer 3B, Andrew McCutchen CF, Russ Martin C, Gaby Sanchez 1B, Josh Harrison RF, Neil Walker 2B, Clint Barmes SS and Charlie Morton P.
Starling Marte is still out but available from the bench. Clint's bakin' with a new LHP configuration - Jordy's at third, replacing Pedro, and Josh is in RF as Garrett Jones also takes a seat.
Giant lineup: Gregor Blanco CF, Brandon Crawford SS, Brandon Belt 1B, Buster Posey C, Hunter Pence RF, Pablo Sandoval 3B, Roger Kieschnick LF, Joaquin Arias 2B and Madison Bumgarner P.
- Cutch has had multiple hits in 13 of his last 19 games. He has 101 multi-hit games since the beginning of 2012, tops in the NL and fourth in MLB.
- After yesterday's outing, the Giants' Matt Cain was placed on the DL for the first time in his career thanks to the Gaby shot he took off his forearm.
- Jameson Taillon went six innings, giving up a run on four hits with three walks and three K, throwing 105 pitches for Indy and earning his first AAA win, 6-1.
- Travis Snider went 1-for-4 in his first rehab game with Indianapolis.
- Tyler Glasnow had himself a night. He went five innings of no-hit, no run ball, walking five and striking out 13 on 99 pitches for Low Class A West Virginia. That gives him 160 punch outs in 106-1/3 IP. He also tops this week's Baseball America Prospect Hot Sheet.