Gorzo has been beat up his last two outings, but has been much stronger on the road than home; in fact, he has a 2.25 ERA away from Miller and 4.70 in Milwaukee.
The game begins at 7:05 and will be aired by Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.
Pirate lineup: Josh Harrison 2B, Jordy Mercer SS, Andrew McCutchen CF, Marlon Byrd RF, Pedro Alvarez 3B, Gaby Sanchez 1B, Russ Martin C, Jose Tabata LF and Charlie Morton P.
We get most of the lineup against a lefty, but shouldn't Josh and JT be flipped? We kinda liked the Clint Barmes at short, Jordy at 2B configuration when The Kid sits down.
Brewer lineup: Norichika Aoki RF, Jean Segura SS, Jonathan Lucroy C, Aramis Ramirez 3B, Carlos
Gomez CF, Caleb Gindl LF, Scooter Gennett 2B, Juan Francisco 1B and Tom Gorzelanny P.
- Marlon Byrd is getting here just in time. With Tom Gorzelanny slated to toe the rubber tonight, the Pirates are facing a left-handed starter for just the 26th time this season (fewest in MLB).
- The Pirates optioned C Tony Sanchez to Class AA Altoona, and he'll rejoin the team Tuesday after the Curve's season ends. No word yet on which OF'er was sent down for Marlon Byrd.
- Mike Sanserino of the Post Gazette reports some good news: LHP Wandy Rodriguez's meeting w/ Dr Andrews went so well that rehab assignment could be "coming soon."
- Last night Pedro Alvarez connected for the league-leading 32nd home run. The club record for most home runs hit in one season by a third baseman is held by Aramis Ramirez, who hit 34 for the Pirates in 2001.
- Jason Grilli tossed a sim game today. He could be on a rehab stint by the weekend if all goes well. As a reliever, he's fast-tracked; they only have to build his arm strength up to 25 or 30 pitches.
- Mark Klaassen of Fangraphs looks at Justin Morneau and the Pirates' current 1B platoon.
- Gaby Sanchez will change to uniform #17, so John Buck can wear #14. That's the second time that happened; Buck took #14 from Gaby at Miami, too, in 2011.