- David Schoenfield of ESPN's The Sweet Spot has a vid of three weekend showdowns, featuring Pittsburgh and St. Louis.
- Craig Calcaterra of NBC Sport's Hardball Talk doesn't think Wily Peralta's beanball was a slip.He also discusses the Bucs in his vid "HBT Today."
- Eno Sarris of Fangraphs posted "Gerrit Cole and the Pirate Way." John Dreker of Pirates Prospects explains the Pirate Way, and it includes a lot of bruised opposing batters.
- And Jeff Sullivan of Fangraphs explains the Pirate pitching success by the numbers - ground balls, defense, and a friendly ballyard in his "Pittsburgh Turns the Power Out."
- Jared Stonesifer of Yahoo Sports wonders which team do the Pirates want to go against in the playoffs? (Here is the playoff schedule)
- In a bit of good news for the Bucco budget boys, Tim Williams of Pirates Prospects hazards the educated guess that Mike McKenry will be the only Super Two player during this off season.
- Wandy is going to Indy to pitch Friday, with a three inning/50 pitch limit.
- Marc Hulet of MLB Trade Rumors picked his All Prospect Team. OF Gregory Polanco made the cut, and RHP Jameson Taillon was in the conversation.
- The Bucs AAA team, the Indy Indians, had the highest overall attendance (637,579) in minor league baseball.
Thursday, September 5, 2013
The beat goes on even as the team enjoys a day off: