The game begins at 8:10 and will be aired on Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.
Pirate lineup: Jose Tabata LF, Neil Walker 2B, Andrew McCutchen CF, Justin Morneau 1B, Marlon Byrd RF, Pedro Alvarez 3B, John Buck C, Jordy Mercer SS and Francisco Liriano P.
Buck is behind the dish and Jordy at short.
Brewer lineup: Norichika Aoki RF, Carlos Gomez CF, Jonathan Lucroy 1B, Aramis Ramirez 3B, Khris Davis LF, Yuniesky Betancourt 2B, Jeff Bianchi SS, Martin Maldonado C and Wily Peralta P.
Ron Roenicke kinda mixing it up tonight; can't really blame him.
- Andrew McCutchen is one of 15 players in MLB history to have at least 100 HRs, at least 100 SBs and at least 300 walks through his age 26 season. Oh, and he joins Jason Grilli as a cover boy for Sports Illustrated. He'll be in the September 9th issue in Lee Jenkins story "The Bucs Start Here."
- Neil Walker carries a six game hitting streak into the game.
- With a victory tonight, the Pirates would complete their eighth series sweep of the season and their first three-game sweep in Milwaukee since 2004. The Bucs are 12-6 against Milwaukee this season, including wins in eight of the last 10 games and in 11 of the last 14.
- If The Cisco Kid goes five innings today, he'll finally qualify for the official pitching stats leaderboard. Jonah Keri has a post on the veteran southpaw in Grantland titled "Francisco Liriano - The Ultimate Lefty Killer."
- Beginning tonight, Justin Morneau is expected to start wearing uniform #66. While in Minnesota, he wore #33, but with that being retired (it belonged to Honus Wagner), he decided to double the 33 and wear 66.
- Elias Sports Bureau: The last Pirate pinch hitter to swat more than one game-winning homer in a season before Travis Snider was Mike Diaz, who hit two in 1987.
- James McDonald continues his rehab at Indy.