In the past couple of days...
- The Bucs have been doing pretty well by The Sporting News. After capturing Comeback Player of the Year (Francisco Liriano) & Manager of the Year (Clint Hurdle), they have now have added Cutch to their NL All-Star team. He didn't do quite as well in the Player of the Year race, finishing in a tie for fourth with Clayton Kershaw and well behind winner Miguel Cabrera. Since its inception in 1936, three Bucs have won the award - Barry Bonds in 1990, Willie Stargell in 1979 and Bill Mazeroski in 1960.
- AJ Burnett told WDVE radio that he wouldn't prolong his decision to retire or return. He expects to make up his mind "in a week or so."
- The Pirates value, according to Bloomberg, is $610M dollars, 23rd in MLB. The average franchise is worth $1B.
- Nice fall so far for Bucco young gun Gregory Polanco. He's 10-for-20 with three home runs in the Dominican League.
- Nathaniel Stoltz of Fangraphs has the report on the Pirates under-the-radar lefty at Altoona, Joely Rodriguez.