- Yahoo Sports Eric Schaal selects his seven best MLB managers...and yep, our field general is there.
- Who'd a' thunk it? There are reported to be a line of teams vying for LHP Jonathan Sanchez, who lasted four starts in Pittsburgh last year before being released. Bill Baer of CBS Sports said some of those clubs may want him to move to the pen, ala Ollie Perez.
- The Blue Jays have signed 3B Jared Goedert to a minor league contract with an invite to camp, according to Jon Paul Morosi of Fox Sports. The 28-year-old spent last season at Indy, batting .241 with 11 homers.
- David Schoenfield of ESPN's The Sweet Spot explains that it's a lot easier to get there than to stay there.
- James Krug of isportsweb writes that the Pirate fans have kept their end of the deal; now it's up to the FO to keep theirs.
- Ben Badler of Baseball America has the new posting rules for Japanese players looking for a MLB contract. It's a little fairer to the smaller revenue clubs, and should put more money in the pocket of the player rather than his club.
Tuesday, December 17, 2013