- Eno Sarris of Fangraphs says the key to James Loney improving the Pirates performance at first base is...Gaby Sanchez.
- The Marlins are popping up in Pittsburgh's off season. The Miami Herald Sports Buzz's Barry Jackson linked the Fish to Garrett Jones; if they sign him, that would free Logan Morrison for trade. Then, they inked IF Raphael Furcal, who the Pirates had checked on.
- While on The Fan radio show today with Ken Pompeani, Clint Hurdle said the door hasn't shut on AJ, and that the team is still in contact with him.
- According to the Baseball America tracker, the Bucs have lost three more minor league players: RHP Brooks Brown signed with the Rockies, C Ali Solis went to the Rays and 2B Oscar Tejedas moved to the Nats.
- The Rangers signed RHPs Jose Contreras and Nathan Adcock, both well-traveled with stops in the Bucco system, to minor league contracts with an invitation to spring training.
- Jonah Keri of Grantland has a series on the trade value of players; he has Gerrit Cole and Cutch as two of the top values in MLB.
- The latest big deal of the day: The Mariners and Robinson Cano reportedly agreed on a 10-year, $240M contract, according to Enrique Rojas of ESPNDeportes.com. (article in Spanish).
Friday, December 6, 2013
Heading Into the Baseball Meetings...
Might not be much dealin' left to do at next week's (December 9-12) baseball meetings...