- JP Breen of Fangraphs thinks there are too many red flags for any good to come of the Pirates' Edison Volquez project. Marcus at Hidden Vigorish also wonders if Volquez's struggles with doing the little things on the mound will sabotage his reconstruction.
- The Bucs have shut down (Spoiler alert: Leo Lopez's tweet is in Spanish) Starling Marte in the DWL due to what is reported as minor back pain (Thx to John Dreker at Pirates Prospects). It seems to be precautionary; let's hope so.
- Tony Canella of Rumbunter thinks the Bucs will rock again in 2014 "if our starting pitchers step up and the shark tank stays hungry..."
- Ex Bucs: Shi Davidi of SportsNet believes that Jason Bay is ready to hang up the spikes. And former Buc C JR House has been named manager of the Hillsboro Hops, Arizona's Class A club in the Northwest League.
- Steve "Dirt" DiNardo, legendary head groundskeeper for TRS, passed away on Friday.
- Curious about the HOF ballots? Here's the complete list by writer. And Jack McCaffery of the Delaware County Daily Times wonders where the Cooperstown love is for Danny Murtaugh and Mickey Vernon.
- Looking for a good gig, no college needed? Robinson Cano will make $45 dollars per minute & $65,753 a day for the next ten years.