- After a day off, the Bucs take their show on the road to face the Twins. The lineup: Jaff Decker CF, Michael Martinez 2B, Travis Snider RF, Pedro 3B, Chris Dickerson LF, Robert Andino SS, Andrew Lambo 1B, Travis Ishikawa DH and Chris Stewart C. Gerrit Cole will start on the hill.
- Jon Heyman of CBS' Inside Baseball has the 14 most likely guys to be moved in the spring, and has the Bucs in on a couple of the guys at 1B and SS.
- As an added attraction, today will be the first time the Pirates will be able to use the new replay rule, which allows for umpire challenges. So far in the spring, there have been 21 challenges, and yesterday was the first time a call has been reversed.
- How important is developing a pitch to lock up LH to Charlie Morton? Jeff Sullivan of Fangraphs wrote that "if Morton figures out how to retire lefties, then his ceiling will be as something entirely different from the previous Charlie Morton. He won’t even be recognizable."
- With Jeff Locke hurt and Edinson Volquez finding the strike zone to be a foreign destination, it appears more and more likely that Stolmy Pimentel/Jeanmar Gomez are pitching for a starting gig rather than a repeat in the bullpen. Unfortunately, it's still "stay tuned" for 1B and RF.
- Kate Conroy of Lady Love's Pinstripes tabs the Bucs for second in the Central with 87 wins.
- Battlin' Bucs presents its final set of All-Star Pirate teams, one repping the best Buc career and the other featuring the best individual season.
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Bucs Take on Twins, Mid-Week Notes...
Back at It: