- The Bucs beat the Phils 5-0 yesterday. Neil Walker homered, and from the right side, praise the Lord. It also had the spring rarity of a beanball battle. Bryan Morris ended up with a warning when he dinged one of Philly's hitters; four batters were bopped and several buzzed during the match.
- Stolmy Pimentel will start when the Bucs host the Yankees at McKechnie Field at 1:05 PM today. Also scheduled for the hill are Dan Schlereth, Andy Oliver, Jake Brigham and Jay Jackson. The game is scheduled for Root Sports and will be run on delay by the MLB Network at 10 PM. 93.7 The Fan will also air the game. The lineup: Starling Marte LF, Andrew Lambo 1B, Cutch CF, Pedro 3B, Russ Martin C, Neil Walker 2B, Gaby Sanchez DH, Travis Snider RF and Clint Barmes SS.
- Steeler coach Mike Tomlin is expected to give the Bucs a pep talk before today's game, as he's passing by camp while on a scouting mission.
- Jeff Locke had no lingering effects from his bullpen session Friday and will toss live BP today as he recovers from a mildly tweaked oblique. He's the only Bucco that's walking wounded.
- The Bucs are off tomorrow, and we assume that a couple more cuts will be forthcoming with two weeks remaining to the opener.
- Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe kept the local hot stove stoked when he wrote that the Bosox have six MLB-ready OF'ers in camp for five spots, leaving Mike Carp available...
- Tomorrow: what exactly has been decided at camp...if anything.
Happy St. Paddy's Day!