The 7:05 game will be aired by Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.
- Since the inception of the NL Central division in 1994, Edison Volquez is tied with Lance Lynn for the second-highest winning percentage against teams from within the division (minimum of 200 IP), going 23-8 (.742) in 54 games against the Central in the time. Ramon Martinez and his 27-8 mark is tops on the list. Maybe that's another little stat the Bucs considered when signing him.
- Andrew McCutchen now ranks second all-time with 52 home runs hit at PNC Park, behind only Jason Bay's 61 bombs.
- Travis Sawchik of the Trib wonders if Neil Walker is becoming a legit star at second base, and has some impressive offensive growth stats that beg the question. The Kid is only Pirate in past 40 years to have multiple walkoff hits in a season before end of April.
- The Brewers' Martin Maldonado has received a five-game suspension per ESPN for his role in Sunday's on-field brawl at PNC and was also fined $2,500. He's the one that sucker punched Travis Snider. The league hasn't officially announced anything as of this post.
- Guy Cutright of MiLB.com has the 411 on OF Josh Bell of the Bradenton Marauders.