The lineup: Starling Marte LF, Travis Snider RF, Cutch CF, Pedro 3B, Russ Martin C, Neil Walker 2B, Gaby Sanchez 1B, Clint Barmes SS and Rodriguez P. Clint is shaking the rust off of Gaby and Clint Barmes tonight by giving them a starting nod.
The game will be carried by Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.
- The Bucs have won four straight games in Cincinnati.
- Pirates starters have gone at least six innings in 10 of the team's 12 games, and the other two went into the fifth.
- It doesn't appear that Charlie Morton's picture will be on the stopper's page. According to Elias Sports, with Sunday's loss, Morton is 0–5 with a 6.58 ERA in eight starts in which the Pirates were on the verge of being swept
- Gregory Polanco was named the International League Player of the Week for April 7-13 after batting .500 (14-for-28) with 7 RBI. Andrew Lambo, after a slow start, also hit .500 over that span.
- We'll have to keep an eye on the Penguin playoff games - they knock the Pirates off the tube for sure Saturday, Monday and next Wednesday (the first playoff game is Wednesday, but the Bucs will have an afternoon get-away day from Cincy on that date). Pittsburgh's Saturday game against the Brewers will compete with the Pens, who will be at Consol.
- Ex-Bucs: Xavier Nady has now hit pinch-HRs for six teams, two short of Matt Stairs's MLB record. Joel Hanrahan will audition in front of a slew of scouts on Thursday.