The lineup: Jose Tabata RF, Neil Walker 2B, Cutch CF, Pedro 3B, Starling Marte LF, Ike Davis 1B, Gaby Sanchez DH, Jordy Mercer SS and Tony Sanchez C. Marte is back; no Travis Snider against a RHP. Phelps has a severe reverse split (.298 v RH, .138 v LH), so that may explain it.
Friday's game was postponed due to rain, rain, and a forecast of more rain. The game was rescheduled as the second game of a 1:05 doubleheader on Sunday. This is Pittsburgh’s first trip to the Bronx since 2007; they also visited once in 2005. They're 0-6 against the Bronx Bombers in NYC. The Yankees are 21-19, 1/2 game behind Baltimore (the next Bucco opponent) in the AL East.
Today's game begins at 4:05 and will aired by Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.
- In May, Ike Davis ranks sixth among NL hitters with a .349 BA, compiling a .440 OBP and .905 OPS. Cutch is right with him, hitting .347 with an on-base of .459 and .908 OPS.
- Travis Snider has seen plenty of New York, and done pretty well against their hurlers. His career average is .360 in 111 AB with six homers and 17 RBI in 28 games v the Yankees. .
- Pittsburgh’s leadoff batters have reached base safely in seven straight games and 13 of the last 14 contests.
- The teams cam opt for a 26 man roster for tomorrow's DH.
- LHP Jeff Locke was tough, going seven innings of one-hit ball for the Tribe. OF Chris Dickerson continued his 14-game hitting streak a two-run bomb and OF Gregory Polanco had three more hits as Indy overcame some rough bullpen work to win 6-5 over Pawtucket. Polanco (.380/1.054) is #1 in BA & OPS in the International League and Dickerson (.348/.941) is in the top three.Polanco also leads the IL in RBIs, runs, hits, extra-base hits, triples, slugging and total bases.
- C Reese McGuire has a nine-game hitting streak at West Virginia.