The lineup: Jose Tabata RF, Neil Walker 2B, Cutch CF, Pedro 3B, Gaby Sanchez 1B, Marte Starling LF, Tony Sanchez C, Jordy Mercer SS and Cole P. Clint has put together a much more traditional lineup tonight
Should be no prob getting the game in. It's supposed to be chilly, but with just a chance of passing showers. It's a pucks and Bucs night; guess who loses? No one - the game will be aired by Root Sports (only the networks get the Pens from now on) and on 93.7 The Fan.
- Jeff Locke is coming back to Pittsburgh, maybe. He was pulled Wednesday after two innings to put him in line for Wandy's spot, but there's been no formal announcement yet one way or another.
- Jose Bautista has reached base safely in all 28 of Toronto’s games this season.
- The Pirates begin a nine-game, 10-day homestand with the Blue Jays, Giants and Cards.
- We were critical of the Bucs for not calling up another LH bat yesterday, but mea culpa. We found out that teams can only call up a 26th player for the second game of a day-night doubleheader, but not for a back-to-back games DH'er. Sheesh.
- The Blue Jays are 8-8 on the road and 3-7 in their last 10 games, while the Pirates are riding a three game (and six straight series) losing string. Pittsburgh is 9-1/2 games behind the Brewers in the Central Division, tied for last with the Chicago Cubs.
- Neil Paine of FiveThirtyEight adds more ammo to the "bat Cutch second" movement.
- Ex-Bucs: Jon Heyman of CBS Sports tweets that Hanny has signed with the Tigers. The Orioles sent Evan Meek the other way, as he was optioned to the minors today.