Something to keep you occupied:
- Lotta talk about Josh, El Coffee, Pedro & Russ leading the team's batting resurgence this month. Well, the man carrying the team on his back is, as usual, Cutch - his June slash is .333/.402/.646 with an OPS of 1.048 and counting number line of 7 HR, 23 RBI and 16 RS. He led the team in every offensive category this month except OBP; he's second to Russ (.457) there.
- Despite a good run, the Bucs are 42-40 now; they sat at 51-31 at the same point last season. They're 8 games behind the Brewers and 1-1/2 games out of a wild card spot. At this time last year, Pittsburgh was three games ahead of the Cards in the Central race.
- Ah, Astro-gate. There are some leaked Houston e-mails dealing with possible Bud Norris trade scenarios. Apparently, the Bucs were willing to let go of Luis Heredia, but not Nick Kingham, Tyler Glasnow or Gregory Polanco.
- Speaking of Gregory Polanco, Kevin Millar of The Daily Dish said contract talks between him and the Bucs are at a standstill.
- Speaking of Nick Kingham: Since making his Triple-A debut at Indy on June 13th, Kingham leads the IL with a 0.34 ERA and is tied for 2nd with 20 strikeouts.
- Ex-Bucs: The Phillies have traded IF Ronny Cedeno to the Diamondbacks for C Raywilly Gomez. Cedeno will report to Triple-A Reno.