Eovaldi has pitched well in his last two outings, allowing five runs in 15-2/3 innings. He tosses a 97 MPH heater with a change and curve in his toolkit, too. He may be a little antsy, though - his wife is due at any time, so if you see him pulled for no apparent reason tonight...
The lineup: TBA; we'll post it when it's set.
The game starts at 7:10 and will be aired by Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan.
- Cutch has collected at least two hits in five straight games, one or more in eight straight games and has hit safely in 10-of-11. He's 18-for-42 (.429) in June with 9 doubles, 6 HRs, 14 RBIs and 6 walks. "No. 22 is McHot right now," says Manager Clint Hurdle. Hard to disagree.
- Russ Martin is making his 1000th career start at catcher tonight since putting on the gear with LA back in 2006.
- A couple of Bucs are doing well in southern Flordia. Garrett Jones is hitting .276/8/29 while Casey McGehee's line is .305/1/39.
- The Bucs are 7-2 against the Fish in their last nine meetings, but went 1-2 in Miami last season and. The Fish (34-31) are one game back of the Washington Nationals in the NL East and ambushed the Pirates here last year, so this little road trip could prove testy.
- Looking a little bit more like RHP Vance Worley will work Sunday; his scheduled start with Indy tonight is going to Nick Kingham.
- Ross Emrich of MiLB.com takes a look at RHP AJ Morris of Indy, a Rule 5 minor league draftee, who's looking to get on the Bucco radar.