So while it appears to be a bit of a mismatch on paper, the career slashes point toward an interesting matchup. Gotta be better than last night's, right?
The lineup: Josh Harrison RF, Neil Walker 2B, Cutch CF, Ike Davis 1B, Russ Martin C, Pedro 3B, Starling Marte LF, Clint Barmes SS and Volquez P.
Tonight's game starts at 8:07 and will be broadcast on ESPN 2 "Sunday Night Baseball" and 93.7 The Fan.
- RHP Bryan Morris was traded to the Marlins in exchange for Miami’s 39th overall selection in Thursday’s first-year player draft, a pretty good return, we feel. Pittsburgh added about $1.4M to its draft pool and now have four of the draft's first 73 picks (# 24, 39, 64 and 73). With Morris gone, so went the last piece of the Jason Bay trade. He was replaced by RHP Casey Sadler, 23, who has a couple of appearances under his belt from earlier in the year and was 6-1/2.66 at Indy. He's a ground ball guy with a running fastball, slider and change up.
- Hot: Josh Harrison is batting .324 in the 19 games he's started in the leadoff spot. Not: Cutch hasn't had an RBI or extra-base hit in nine games and 32 at-bats, dating back to May 22nd.
- Frankie Liriano has one thing in common with his 2013 form - he was fifth in baseball for swings-and-misses during May, with 77.
- Ben Badler of Baseball America has ten guys he thinks will be in the majors shortly - guess who heads the list?
- Ex-Bucs: IF Brock Holt hit his first MLB homer in a 7-1 Boston victory over Tampa. RHP Evan Meek has accepted his assignment to Triple-A Norfolk by the Orioles.