Morton is coming off a start where he once again fell into the big inning syndrome. He did strike out 11, and overall has been pretty effective, posting a 3.00 ERA in his last 10 starts. Charlie has seen the D-Backs a couple of times, but only once in Pittsburgh. He's 2-1 with a 4.50 ERA in five career starts v Arizona, with four of those at Chase Field.
Anderson, 26, was called up on Mother's Day, and the rookie won his first five games. Runs have been a little harder to come by recently, but he's pitched solidly. He won't overwhelm people with his toolkit, but uses a low nineties fastball to go with a change, his most effective pitch, and a much improved curve.
The lineup: Gregory Polanco RF, Starling Marte LF, Cutch CF, Neil Walker 2B, Russ Martin C, Ike Davis 1B, Pedro 3B, Jordy Mercer SS and Morton P.
The game will be broadcast by Root Sports and 93.7 The Fan with a 7:05 start time.
- After last night's win, the Bucs increased their MLB-leading total of walk-off wins to eight.
- How many ninth inning rallies do the Bucs have? Not many. Last night was the second win for the Pirates this season when they were trailing after eight innings (2-33 in 2014). The Bucs went 1-59 when trailing after eight frames last year and 2-79 in 2012.
- Francisco Liriano is scheduled to pitch four innings in a simulated game today. Liriano, on the DL with a strained left oblique, threw 52 pitches without an issue in the bullpen on Sunday.
- Indy's 1B Matt Hague, LHP Andy Oliver, OF Chris Dickerson and RHP Casey Sadler were named to International League All-Star team.
- West Virginia OF Harold Ramirez has a 23-game hitting streak, which is the longest by a player in the South Atlantic League this season and the longest in Power history. The previous record was held by Starling Marte, who hit safely in 22 straight games in 2009.