Today's Lineup: Josh Harrison 3B, Gregory Polanco RF, Cutch CF, Neil Walker 2B, Starling Marte LF, Pedro 1B, Fran Cervelli C, Jordy Mercer SS, Worley P.
Look familiar? Clint is sticking to the ol' "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy.
|El Toro has been banging out some big hits (photo: Dave Arrigo/Pirates)|
- With all the concern about the Bucco bullpen, the Pirates are 8-1 when leading after six innings and 9-1 when leading in the seventh/eighth. The relievers are still keeping the games short, as they have the past two seasons.
- Pittsburgh has fared pretty well in recent trips to the Windy City. The Pirates have won five in a row in Wrigley Field and are 16-9 there since the start of the 2012 season.
- A win tonight would give Pittsburgh its first six-game winning streak in April since 2002.
- The Bucco rotation isn't the only one in the organization that's rockin' - Tom Singer of MLB.com notes the accomplishments of Altoona's starting five.
- John Wagner of MiB.com looks at Indy's two-catcher set up with Tony Sanchez and Elias Diaz.
- Another ex-Buc who found a change of scenery (and maybe a little wake up call) to his liking: Jason Grilli is 7-for-7 in save opportunities for Atlanta with a 1.29 ERA giving up two hits and whiffing 11 in seven IP.
- Get the fishy one-liners ready - Mike Trout homered off Anthony Bass yesterday.
- Finally, Josh Hamilton was sent to the Rangers.