|Frankie (phot: Phil Valesquez/Chicago Tribune)|
Today's Lineup: Josh Harrison 3B, Gregory Polanco RF, Cutch CF, Neil Walker 2B, Starling Marte LF, Pedro 1B, Fran Cervelli C, Jordy Mercer SS, Liriano P.
The Bucs are back to their everyday lineup; Starling paid his penance last night. Nice to have Frankie back, too. Depth is nice, but sheesh, you shouldn't need it April.
- Francisco Cervelli has reached base in 19 straight games, going back to August 24th, with a six-gamer to open 2015.
- A scorecard won't do ya much good at the ball yard tonight. It's Jackie Robinson Day, and to celebrate, everyone in uniform is wearing #42 for the third straight season.
- The Pirates were 9-16 last April, the only losing month they posted during the season. From April 11-27th, they went 3-13 and fell 8-1/2 games out of first.
- Altoona's Josh Bell drove in all three runs as Angel Sanchez blanked the Richmond Squirrels, 3-0. The Curve are 3-3, but don't blame the starting pitching, which has surrendered just one earned run in 32 innings, putting up a 0.28 ERA over the opening six games.
- West Virginia Power pitchers Jake Burnette, Jose Regalado and Eric Dorsch tossed a seven-inning no hitter (first game of a DH) against Hagerstown. The Power lost 1-0.