Today's Lineup - Gregory Polanco RF, Neil Walker 2B, Cutch CF, Starling Marte LF, Jung-Ho Kang SS, Pedro 1B, Josh Harrison 3B, Fran Cervelli C, Burnett P.
APB for Jordy; he's collecting splinters again. Clint has Kang in the five hole again with The Kid hitting second.
|Kang's back at SS after banging out three more hits yesterday.|
(photo: Nam Huh/Associated Press)
- Josh Harrison recorded his third straight multi-hit game on Saturday. In his last five games, Josh is 11-for-21 with two doubles, two homers, four RBI and six runs scored.
- AJ is shooting for a franchise record eighth straight outing of giving up two or fewer earned runs at the start of a season. He's now tied with Bob Walk.
- Tony Watson has made 10 straight scoreless appearances, not allowing a hit over the last six.
- Hurdle announced pre-game that Vance Worley with miss his next start with the Bucs having an off day and with Charlie Morton in the rear view mirror.
- Chicago is on a roll; they've won six in a row. Pittsburgh is on the other end of the roller coaster; they've lost four straight.
- The Pirates won't face the Cubs again until August after today's game.
- The Bucs next 18 games are out-of-division. Following an off day tomorrow, the Pirates will open an eight-game home stand, starting against Minnesota. After an off day on Thursday, they host the Mets before finishing with three games against the Marlins.